Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection includes personal files, materials generally related to education in Hong Kong, and materials related to Sweeting’s time as a professor the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of History at the University of Hong Kong. There are also files relating to research he did for several publications, including two volumes on the history of education in Hong Kong, and drafts for these works. These files are the bulk of the collection.
37 items labeled "Early Materials" and one forlder titled "Pre-war file: Donor Scholarships."
26 letters written by Patricia Aldridge Marshall during her time as a lecturer of Zoology at Hong Kong University. These letters mostly detail Marshall's daily life in Hong Kong and provide insight into the life of an expat in the early 1960s. Marshall touches briefly on the topics of wet markets, Hong Kong wildlife, refugees from Mainland China, and contact between people in Hong Kong and people in Mainland China.
This collection contains a total of 171 files from the General Records section of the Registry. The files are from the year before the University shut down in 1941 due to World War II. These files are topical and cover many subjects relating to the academics, faculty, students, and University administration. Originally the files were titled "Closed Files" since after the Japanese occupation the Registry decided stop adding material to them.
- University employees 4
- University Graduates 3
- University of Hong Kong -- History 3
- memorabilia 3
- Hong Kong (China)--History. 2
- University buildings 2
- World war II 2
- Japanese-Chinese War, 1937-1945 1
- Photographs 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1 ∧ less
- University of Hong Kong 3
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Medicine 2
- Cunich, Peter, PhD 1
- Hong Kong Volunteer Defence Corps 1
- King, Gordon 1
- Lander, John Gerald Heath 1
- Lugard, F. D. (Frederick Dealtry), Sir, 1858-1945 1
- Marshall, Patricia Aldridge 1
- Ride, Lindsay Tasman, CBE, Sir 1
- Sweeting, Anthony Edward, Professor, 1938-2008 1
- University of Hong Kong. Department of History 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Education 1
- University of Hong Kong. Fung Ping Shan LIbrary 1 ∧ less