Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection includes personal files, materials generally related to education in Hong Kong, and materials related to Sweeting’s time as a professor the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of History at the University of Hong Kong. There are also files relating to research he did for several publications, including two volumes on the history of education in Hong Kong, and drafts for these works. These files are the bulk of the collection.
The Doris Gray Papers consist of an autobiographical summary, publications by Dr. Gray, including "Experiments in Biological Chemistry," as well as other scientific papers, and academic correspondence while at HKU. Additionally, three photo albums and dozens of slides depicting life at HKU and in Hong Kong are included as well as one trophy.
37 items labeled "Early Materials" and one forlder titled "Pre-war file: Donor Scholarships."
This collection consists of three Faculty of arts albums and loose photos from the 1920s-1990s. The majority of the photographs are from the 1920s and 1930s. Most photographs are group shots of Faculty of Arts graduates of members of the Arts Association.
This collection consists of files related to the planning of the Golden Jubilee included the records of the Jubilee Committee, financial files, publicity, and communications with students and alumni.
This collection contains a total of 171 files from the General Records section of the Registry. The files are from the year before the University shut down in 1941 due to World War II. These files are topical and cover many subjects relating to the academics, faculty, students, and University administration. Originally the files were titled "Closed Files" since after the Japanese occupation the Registry decided stop adding material to them.
This collection includes 283 files of from the office of the Vice Chancellor. The files cover a wide variety of topics relating to the academics and administration of the University of Hong Kong.
These files are called "Unnumbered" to differentiate them from later Vice Chancellor's files which were each assigned a file number.
- University Graduates 5
- University of Hong Kong -- History 5
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 4
- letters (correspondence) 4
- Photographs 3
- University buildings 3
- memorabilia 3
- Current events -- Periodicals 1
- Hong Kong (China) 1
- Hong Kong (China)--History. 1
- Japanese-Chinese War, 1937-1945 1
- World war II 1 ∧ less
- University of Hong Kong 4
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Medicine 3
- Cunich, Peter, PhD 2
- Gray, Doris Edna, PhD 1
- Hughes, Linda 1
- King, Gordon 1
- Lugard, F. D. (Frederick Dealtry), Sir, 1858-1945 1
- Ride, Lindsay Tasman, CBE, Sir 1
- Sun, Yat-sen, Dr., 1866-1925 1
- Sweeting, Anthony Edward, Professor, 1938-2008 1
- University of Hong Kong. Department of History 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Arts 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Education 1
- University of Hong Kong. Fung Ping Shan LIbrary 1
- University of Hong Kong. School of Biomedical Sciences 1 ∧ less