Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
This collection includes personal files, materials generally related to education in Hong Kong, and materials related to Sweeting’s time as a professor the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of History at the University of Hong Kong. There are also files relating to research he did for several publications, including two volumes on the history of education in Hong Kong, and drafts for these works. These files are the bulk of the collection.
The range of the Geoffrey Bonsall Papers starts in 1955 with Bonsall’s application to HKU, they end in 2009-2010 before his death. The collection mainly consists of correspondence, photographs, and written articles. The topical coverage for the collection includes Art History, Hong Kong History, and Hong Kong University as its main three areas. The collection is mostly complete with a few exceptions.
The Charles Gurney Papers consist of engineering notes, academic papers, copies of "A Matchbox of Happiness," which feature Gurney's poetry, and an A. A. Griffith medal.
The Evans Collection is comprised of personal records, research materials on Hong Kong land, research materials on Hong Kong wills, photographs, and publications.
The Doris Gray Papers consist of an autobiographical summary, publications by Dr. Gray, including "Experiments in Biological Chemistry," as well as other scientific papers, and academic correspondence while at HKU. Additionally, three photo albums and dozens of slides depicting life at HKU and in Hong Kong are included as well as one trophy.
The Endacott and Emerson Collection is composed of newspaper clippings detailing Hong Kong history (mostly related to World War II), lecture notes, and journals, magazines, and documentation of the Stanley Prison Camp.
12 black and white photographs and 1 postcard with images of Hong Kong, including 4 pictures of the Elliot House at HKU.
The Murray Groves Papers are composed of Groves' lecture notes, research materials and newspaper clippings about Hong Kong, teaching materials--including lecture notes--, and various administrative documents.
Photos of Hong Kong from the Royal Asiatic Society, mostly documenting architecture. Eight photos are HKU related.
- Hong Kong (China)--History. 8
- Photographs 6
- Hong Kong (China) 3
- University of Hong Kong -- History 3
- World war II 3
- University employees 2
- letters (correspondence) 2
- Engineering 1
- Hong Kong (China) -- History -- Siege, 1941 1
- Hong Kong (China) -- Poetry. 1
- Japanese-Chinese War, 1937-1945 1
- Stanley Civilian Internment Camp 1
- University Graduates 1
- University of Hong Kong 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Law 1
- diaries 1 ∧ less
- University of Hong Kong. Department of History 2
- Cunich, Peter, PhD 1
- Gray, Doris Edna, PhD 1
- Groves, Murray Groves , Professor 1
- Hong Kong University Press 1
- Hong Kong Volunteer Defence Corps 1
- Hughes, Linda 1
- Lander, John Gerald Heath 1
- Lee, Simon Kwok Yin, MBE 1
- Royal Asiatic Society, Hong Kong Branch 1
- Sweeting, Anthony Edward, Professor, 1938-2008 1
- University of Hong Kong 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Education 1
- University of Hong Kong. Faculty of Medicine 1
- University of Hong Kong. Fung Ping Shan LIbrary 1
- University of Hong Kong. School of Biomedical Sciences 1
- University of Hong Kong. University Libraries 1 ∧ less